Monday, August 15, 2011

Nude, Glee, Glitter, and Sequins

Hey all!

Here's a pretty combination I came up with while swatching Dr.'s Remedy polishes!


In my review, I mentioned how I warmed up Nurture Nude Pink by layering Glee Gold over it to make it work with my skin tone.  That's what I did here.  I also added a coat of Sally Hansen Ice Queen.  It looked a lot better in person since you can see how sparkly it really is.  In my pictures the glitters just look really random.


Here's also a quick review for Ice Queen.  Ice Queen has a clear base with holographic shimmer and bold pink and blue glitter.  I love this top coat but the glitter tends to be shy.  So if you want more glitter on your nails, you have to fish for them.  The problem is when I wipe the brush against the mouth of the bottle, most of the glitter comes off with the polish, but I also don't want to glop polish onto my nails.  If you're having trouble finding this, I found out that NYC Starry Silver is an exact dupe for about half the price.



Dr.'s Remedy polishes are sold online for $17.  You can also follow them on Facebook by liking them here: Dr.'s Remedy FB Page


Well, that's it for today!

Liz

23 comments:

  1. The first thing I thought of was snickerdoodle cookies with sprinkles! haha cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those looks gorgeous! thank your for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great combination! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I saw the NYC dupe before I got the Sally Hansen one! I think you'll like the glitter over a nude. It's a pretty, but a more subtle combination. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! It's a fun polish to experiment with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was my first time, but I really loved the combination. Glitter and nudes go so well together. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, now that you mention it, it does!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just picked this up, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i would of never thought of putting these two together! i must try a nude with this polish .. i have Starry Silver which i agree is an exact dupe and the bottle is much cuter if i may add. :D .

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love wearing nudes with glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! looks amazing! I like this topcoat, beautiful combination:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)