Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sort of a housekeeping post

Hey all,

I know this is getting annoying, but today's the last day to vote for StyledOn's fb contest!  Please vote for my entry by clicking *here*!  Thank you. :)

Alrighty, now on to the fun part.  I don't have any swatches, but I did buy some polishes today and made an exciting find as well!  So if you're going to skip this post, at least see what I got!  You will want them!


Hard Candy matte top coat: $4.00 at Walmart for 10.3ml
I tested it out on one of my nails and it works great.  If you're looking for a matte top coat, I would recommend this one.  Can't beat that price either!

Pure Ice Oh Baby!: $1.97 at Walmart for 15ml
I am in LVE with this!  As soon as I got home, I took off what I was wearing and put on black polish and layered 2 coats of this over it.  *drool*  This is everything I hoped Sinful Colors What's Your Name would be!  (Don't buy What's Your Name, it's not as cool as it looks in the bottle.)  Instead buy this!  I'll try to get swatches of it tomorrow, but you can see the pretty blue shimmer as well as the pink and purple duochrome!  You need this one.  The price for this one is great as well!

Sally Hansen Ice Queen: $1.99 at Walgreens for 13.3ml
Bought this one two weeks ago.  I grabbed the last one, so I was so happy!  I believe it's limited edition.  It has a clear base with holographic micro glitter and small cotton candy pink and blue glitters.  BUT don't buy this.  Instead run over to Walmart and buy NYC Starry Silver.  It's a dupe and only 93 cents for the same amount!  I couldn't believe it!  So if you can't find Ice Queen grab Starry Silver because I love this glitter. :)

Here are also some giveaways I've won.  I've been waiting for the third one so I can show them altogether, but it looks like the third one may take a while.

This one is from Steph of In Her Makeup Bag.  Thank you Steph!  Look at all the stuff she sent me!  There was also an NYC lip stain that's not pictured here because I got it separately in the mail.  My favorite is that pink cherry lip balm in the upper right.  How cute is that packaging?  Please check out Steph's blog.  She is so sweet and does great make up reviews! :)


Nicole by OPI's texture coat collection!  This was sent to me by Kellie of Also Known As.... Thank you Kellie!  Kellie's blog is the first one I followed!  I stalked her blog for China Glaze's Anchors Away collection and eventually got into blogging myself.  I'm pretty sure everyone knows of her blog, but if you don't her's is a must follow blog! :)

Okay, that's all I have today.  I'll try to post swatches of Pure Ice Oh Baby! tomorrow, so check back then. :)


Liz

9 comments:

  1. I just used the Hard Candy matte top coat for the first time tonight. Tried it out over Zoya Phoebe and you're right, it works great and love the price!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you have ICE Heart Breaker, can you do a comparison with that and Oh Baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for Sally Hansen's Ice Queen EVERYWHERE! I'm gonna go to my Walgreens tomorrow and check...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have Heart Breaker, but from what I've seen in stores I don't think they're similar. Heart Breaker seems to be green shimmer in a teal blue base, while Oh Baby is blue shimmer with pink/purple duochrome. But I'm definitely loving Oh Baby, so I might grab some more ICE polishes and a back up for Oh Baby. If I do, I'll get Heart Breaker too and compare it for you. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you can't find it, try the NYC display at a Walmart near you. There's a polish called Starry Silver and it's a perfect dupe! It has the same amount of polish but is only 93 cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Phoebe already matte? ;) But it does work great. I've been trying it out on different colors and it's so much fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo, can't wait for the swatch tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)