Friday, May 4, 2012

Jeweled Bow Mani


Hey all!  It's now finals week for me, so you might not hear too much from me.  After finals, I'm graduating and moving back home!  Here's a simple mani I did using copper micro beads and silver rhinestones.  Sorry about the quality of my pics. >.<  My camera really stinks in low light, and it was cloudy when I took this.  This look was inspired by this mani from the March 2012 issue of Nail Up!

I wasn't in the mood for plaid/(tweed?) or nudes, so I simplified the look for my version and used bright colors to give the mani personality.

For this look I used Sinful Colors Grecian Sun (blue) and Love & Beauty Sage (blue-green).  I really love how the copper microbeads look against Sage!  I think I'm going to do this mani again next time when I have more time.  If you look closely you might have noticed that some of the copper color from the beads smeared onto my base color.  It wasn't as visible in real life, but that was a bit disappointing.  The color smeared off when I applied top coat.  I actually think this might have been my top coat's fault.  I dumped a little too much polish thinner into, and it's been giving me some trouble.  Last night I left it open for some time to thicken up a little.  Hopefully, that will solve the smearing problem!


What do you think?  Is this a look you would wear?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz

12 comments:

  1. Nazlıcan ÇerkezMay 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

    i love thiiis !

    www.nzlsyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your choice of colors so much better. Its absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are stunning!!!!!!! I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cuteee!! love this one more than the original design though..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen StelmackerMay 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM

    these are so cute!! ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it! I love each design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you so pro girl! love the bows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you purchase the stones? I love Sinful color polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought mine off ebay! If you search for nail art wheels, you'll see a lot of different options. I bought a 20 wheel package for around $5 dollars with $5 shipping. So $10 in total. I also bought another set of 6 wheels for like $2. I think you can also buy individual wheels for a little over a $1. For the look above, you need steel balls and rhinestones. I think you can also buy the micro steel balls at a craft store, which you can use for "caviar" manicures as well.

    If you do end up buying from ebay, make sure the seller has good ratings, and take your time looking for the cheapest ones in terms of price+shipping. Good luck! Let me know if you have any more questions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)