Friday, May 11, 2012

NOTD: Graduation Nails

Wow, I can't believe this day has actually come.   I finally finished my last final ever, and I'll be graduating from college this coming Saturday.  I decided to go with neutral nails for my graduation.  This is the mani I'm wearing right now, and I love it!

This is 4 coats of Sally Hansen Parchment from the new Alexander Wang Spring 2012 line.  I adore this color, and I'll do a full review of it in a few days.  After the third coat I used Essie As Gold As It Gets, then layered the fourth coat of Parchment over it.  The Essie adds a subtle glow to the color when the sun hits it.  (Honestly, you can't see it that well... lol.)  Even though I was going to keeps these nails low key, I still couldn't help but add some bling to it.  I used silver rhinestones and rose pink micro beads to match the blush colored dress I'll be wearing for graduation.





Overall, I think this is a very sweet and simple look.  What do you think?  Also, anyone else graduating this spring (high school or college)?  If you are, what color are you wearing on your nails for graduation?


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

21 comments:

  1. very pretty mani for a graduation, hope you have a good time, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very very cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's SUPER feminine - and congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula Grace FerminMay 11, 2012 at 6:40 AM

    Hey that's great news! actually my college graduation was earlier today, and on my nails are just shimmery taupe polish.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! This is so dainty - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on graduation!! These nails are so sweet and delicate, I love them! I think that is just the right amount of bling too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice!
    i follow you on bloglovin,
    follow me back?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet and cute, love it :) Congrats on Graduation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I'm not always a fan of bling on the nails- but those bows are so girly & cute!!

    xx Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this shade! I am going to see if I can find it - we don't tend to get anything new in the SHCSM line at all ever. Like Louise - not a fan of a lot of nail art or bling - I love polish without all 'that.'

    Huge congrats on your graduation! That's a big deal to have under your belt - a ton of follow through. If the job market is not looking favorable and you can afford it - continue on NOW to your Masters. It gets hard to go back if you lay off for any time at all. Just am older blog readers advice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very girly and elegant! i think they are very cute! Congratulations on your graduation, amazing achievement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This shade is sooo beautiful <3 Looking fab on your nails!!!

    Great blog honey...I'm a new follower :)
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your nails :)
    they look amazing!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS! I wore Essie Geranium for my graduation. Congrats on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! This is such a beautiful and delicate look :)
    I have one more year before I graduate university ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)