Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sally Hansen Gem Crush

Today I have three shades from Sally Hansen's Gem Crush collection: Lady Luck, Be-Jeweled, and Glitz Gal.  These are full coverage glitters and were all opaque at 3 coats.  All pictures were taken in direct sunlight, unless stated otherwise.  I also wore these with two coats of Seche Vite, which made them relatively smooth for a glitter.

Lady Luck is made up of fine raspberry-red glitter and small holographic glitter.  I think this makes a great pedicure color for summer!  Perfect for sparkly toes. :)



shade
***

Bejeweled is composed of fine lilac glitter and small pink glitter.  The pink glitter is also subtly holographic.  I love this shade of purple.  It looks a bit more blue toned in my pictures, although I did try to warm it up.  This shade of lilac leans more pink than blue.



shade
***

Glitz Gal is made up of fine grey-silver glitter and small holographic glitter.  Please excuse some unevenness in the pictures.  That was not due to the polish but my application.  I didn't realize it wasn't smooth until I uploaded the pictures.



shade
Overall, if you're a fan of full coverage glitters, you'll enjoy these.  Like I said above, they were all opaque in 3 coats and the formula was easy to work with.  They are also super sparkly!  So they are definitely fun shades to wear in the sun. :)

What do you think of these?  Do you own any colors from Sally Hansen's Gem Crush collection?


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

13 comments:

  1. Man, they are blindingly shiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the pink shade Razzle Dazzler and it makes one heck of a jelly sandwich or accent nail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, i think this is the 3rd time i have opened up this page to look at your stunning swatches! My local store is doing buy 2 get 1 free on all Sally Hansen nail products. Its taking all my will power not to just pop into the car and get some from this collection.... The pink and purple ones would be unique in my collection...... *Hops into car*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours. The pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow all the shades are gorgeous <3 <3 They look fab on your nails! I'm a new follower!
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. great pictures! love the shiny bottle shot pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I haven't thought of using it in a jelly sandwich. I'll definitely give that a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, I love those sales! Although my wallet doesn't. Hope you're enjoying the shades you got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Beautyshades! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you like them! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)