Friday, May 18, 2012

Sally Hansen Loves Me Not

Today I have for you a polish from Prabal Gurung's Spring 2012 line for Sally Hansen.  Here's some background information on this line:

Prabal Gurung’s three-color Complete Salon Manicure collection features eye-catching brights and creamy pale hues with an edge that reflects the designer’s spring collection inspired by Nobuyashi Araki’s photographic series, “Sensual Flower.”On Prabal Gurung’s fall runway, models sported Loves-Me-Not, a deep plum.

2 coats, Loves Me Not.  First of all, OMG is this not absolutely gorgeous?  Loves Me Not is a black base packed with duochrome flecks that shift from blue-purple to pink-purple.  The flecks are so dense that the polish looks more purple than black.  I would actually classify this as a purple polish despite the black base.  When applying the polish, the polish actually looks gritty.  However, I didn't find it gritty once it dried.  With top coat, everything was smooth and removal was painless.





Overall, I love this polish!  I'm so pleased that...
a) the shimmer is strong
b) and clearly duochrome (no squinting required!)

I literally stood in my driveway and twirled.  I probably looked crazy, but you can see clear changes in the shimmer depending on how the sun hits it.  It's fun, I tell you.  Believe me, you need this. x)

WHAT THEY COST: Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, $7.99 each.
WHERE TO FIND THEM: Sally Hansen products are available at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally.

Will you be getting this?  Or if you already own it, what are your thoughts on it?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

13 comments:

  1. Oh jeez this is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This is going on my to-buy list! PS: This shade makes your skin tone look so milky -- in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Wendy! I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it? I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, PassionForPolish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heatherann BeautyMay 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM

    I love the duochrome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found a bunch of Loves Me Not at Ulta on clearance for $3.99!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I just picked-up this one, but have yet to wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)