Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sally Hansen Parchment

Hello all!  I have tons of polishes to review, so they will be going up about every 12 hours.  I got some of these right before finals, so they got pushed back until now.  I want to get them up asap, so I hope you don't find it all too overwhelming.  Here, I have the polish I wore to my graduation from the Alexander Wang Spring 2012 collection.

Here's a little background on the Alexander Wang collection:

Alexander Wang enlisted Sally Hansen for a first-time collaboration to create a clean, natural-looking runway nail to offset his spring collection which channels a tropical speed racer using perforation and lasering. Models wore Parchment, a sheer nude Complete Salon Manicure shade on the runway—the perfect accent to Wang’s downtown cool looks.


Parchment, 4 coats.  Parchment is a pale beige-white with a satin finish.  There's a very fine shimmer in here to gives it the satin finish.  It's sheer, but can be built up in four medium coats.  You can also wear this at 1 or 2 coats for a more subtle glossy look.  Despite the four coats, this polish didn't get thick or gloopy on me.  It dried faster than average, applied evenly, and self leveled as it dried.  I'm not wearing this with top coat in any of my pictures, although I do still recommend using top coat with this.  I was also pleased to see that Parchment did not shrink with Seche Vite, which can happen when layered over many coats.

In terms of wear, I wore this for about 4-5 days and didn't even experience any tip wear.  Overall, I'm very pleased with this polish.  The tinge of warmth from the beige is also very flattering for my skin tone.  Pale colors with cool undertones can sometimes make my hands look dead, so I appreciate the warmth in this.  The only downside would probably be opacity, but it's meant to be a sheer polish, so I wouldn't buy this expecting it to be a two-coater.





Parchment is a limited edition shade and retails for $7.99.  It can be found at chain drug stores, food stores and mass merchandisers nationally.

In case you couldn't tell, I personally love this shade.  I might actually need a back up, because I've already used a good amount of it.  What do you think of Parchment?  Let me know in the comments! :)


Liz
*The polishes reviewed in this post were sent to me for my honest review.
Please view my Disclosure Policy for more info.

4 comments:

  1. Love this!! it's not really special.. but still.. anything pearl-ish is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour! Neutral with a little special something :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really in love with the color. These photos are without Essie As Gold As It Gets too, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! No Essie in this one, just Parchment on its own. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)