Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Julep Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum + Invisible Dry Shampoo Review

Hey all!  One of my readers requested a review of the Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum I got in my April Maven box, so here it is. :)  I've only used these for a few days, so please note that this is more like a first impressions review.

Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum


First off, I just want to say that I love the packaging for both the box and the cuticle pen!


I love this sleek design, but it is a little bulky.  Compared to their previous rollerball cuticle oil, this one is roughly twice the length.


When you open the cap, you'll see that the applicator is a brush.  The other end twists to release the oil into the brush.  I had to twist mine like crazy at first to get the product to come out.  Once it starts coming out though, you only need to twist it once or twice.  The oil itself has no fragrance and the brush does a good job of evenly applying the oil to your cuticles.  Actually, I don't even think it's an oil, so I probably shouldn't call it that.  It's really a serum like it says, so it dries quickly once applied.  You don't have to rub it in, and it doesn't make your cuticles oily.

At this point, I can't really tell you how effective or moisturizing this is.  It does seem to temporarily take care of dryness if you need to quickly mask it.  However, I will need to test it longer for long term results.


Invisible Dry Shampoo

I tried this for the first time yesterday and thought it was okay.  I've never used dry shampoo before, so I can't really give you any comparisons.  However, based on my experience, I would say that the Invisible Dry Shampoo is satisfactory.  It doesn't have any added fragrance to it, so it basically smells something like hair spray.  It doesn't smell bad and it's not overpowering.  When sprayed to my roots as directed, I noticed that it did a good job of absorbing the oil.  In terms of volume, it didn't add much, but I also have really long hair.  After I was done, I didn't notice any white residue as long as I sprayed it close to my roots.  For reference, I have black hair.  I did see some white residue when I accidentally sprayed some directly on my hair.  But for the most part, it was invisible when used correctly.


Hope you find this product review helpful!  Have you tried any of these?  Let me know in the comments! :)

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)