Monday, January 27, 2014

[Swatch+Review] Barielle Banana Drop, Satin Glow, & Blue Cotton Candy


Hi guys! Hope you all had an enjoyable weekend. Mine was super cold, and it's currently snowing again. I wish it would be spring already! Unfortunately, that won't be for a few more months. In the meantime, I've been enjoying these lovely colors from Barielle.


Banana Drop, 3 coats: pastel yellow creme. Most pale yellows aren't very flattering on me, but this one looked okay! It was a tiny bit streaky, but the third coat evened it out just fine. It was fairly easy to apply and has a smooth, shiny finish. I wore mine with base coat and didn't have any staining either.



Satin Glow, 3 coats: sheer, warm pink crelly with gold shimmer. First off, I really love shimmery creme-jellies, and this one is no exception. It's a bit sheer, but builds up nicely in three coats. It's also a little slow to dry, but expected for this finish. (Think Nicole by OPI Kim-pletely In Love, Sinful Colors Cinderella, Essence Grey-t To Be Here.)



Blue Cotton Candy, 2 coats: teal blue with silver shimmer. I love this one. It reminds me of Cult Nails Let Me Fly, but lighter and dustier. The formula was excellent, as was the opacity. Dry time was good as well.


Verdict: I'm glad I got to try all three of these. None of them were disappointing and lived up to my expectations in both color and consistency.

Availability: Barielle polishes are 5-free and are available for purchase at barielle.com for $8 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)